Gas cartridges have approx. 30% more gas than the Cryoalfa gas cartridges
The gas cartridges are 100% compatible with both CryoIQ and Cryoalfa gas cartridges
- The smallest, easiest and most popular Cryo available
- Easy to change cartridge with no loss of gas content
- New filter technology that gives a longer lifetime to the device
- Simple pencil type grip for easy use and very accurate application.
- Freezes to -89 °C and to a depth of 3 mm.
- Level of cold generated is adjusted by the rate at which the button is depressed
- Weight: 82 gram (including 16-gram cartridge)
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22 mm / Length: 120 mm
- Material: Gold plated metal
- Warranty: 1 year (2 years after Product registration)
- CE marked: According to medical device Class IIA
How to work with your CryoIQ
- Installation of cartridge N2O and CO2: Unscrew the protection cap of the cartridge and remove the small stopper. Then screw (clockwise) the cartridge into the threads of the CryoIQ® body, continue to turn until feeling a light stop position. DO NOT USE FORCE! The cartridge has a built-in filter and valve and can be screwed or unscrewed without any gas loss. When the cartridge is empty replace it with a new one.
- Operation Liquid ”Spray” Freezing: Remove the protecting cap from the glass tip. Bring the device into towards the lesion. By pressing the lever with the finger, the flow of N2O begins.
- Operation ”contact freezing”: By pressing the lever with the finger, the contact tip starts to cool down. After approx 20 sec the tip has reached -50°C / -58°F (using N2O) and you are ready to start the treatment.
- Application range: All typical indications are occurring in medical practice, like the treatment of all types of warts, haemangioma, papilloma, keratosis, condyloma, lentigo and more.
- Treatment time: Treatment time depends on the depth at which the user deems necessary. Please refer to the treatment guidelines (included) for more details.
- Cleaning: The glass-/contact tip can be cleaned and disinfected with a disinfectant or alcohol. If the device comes into contact with blood, mucous, or any other infected area, it is mandatory to steam sterilise. Screw off the gas cartridge from the body and sterilise the body and glass-/ contact tip. Use a steam steriliser at 134°C / 273°F, according to EN norms 13060 and 285. All other sterilisation methods are excluded. A hot air sterilisation may damage the glass tip and must be avoided under all circumstances.
- Storage: After use, put the device back in the original package. Once closed, make sure the lever is not being depressed. Otherwise, gas will leak out unintentionally.
Liquid Cryo provides a highly concentrated freezing for a successful treatment. Our cryosurgical devices are equipped with a specific liquid gas dosing applicator. The operator can control the release of sufficient liquid N2O to treat lesions without wasting gas. With a temperature of -89°C / -128°F the liquid gas is evaporating on the lesion. A freeze thaw freeze method is recommended to achieve maximum results. This process causes the cells of the tissue to be destroyed due to the cell membrane rupturing as a consequence of ice crystal formation within the cell.
Suggested freezing times
- Acne 4 – 6
- Actinic Keratosis 4 – 8
- Basiloma 8 – 9
- Cavernous Angioma 4 – 6
- Condyloma 5 – 12
- Granuloma Anulare 5 – 6
- Keloids 4 – 6
- Lentigo 2 – 5
- Molluscum Contagiosum 3 – 10
- Seborrheic Keratosis 5 – 10
- Skin Tags 5 – 10
- Verruca Juvenile 3 – 4
- Verucca Plana 5 – 15
- Verucca Plantaris 10 – 20
- Verruca Vulgaris 10 – 20
Literature freeze Type of lesion Time range in seconds
The medical literature has many reports of varying cryogenic freezing technics. Also, the thickness, location and hydration of the target tissue can affect outcomes. Medical professionals should be familiar with cryosurgical techniques when using CryoIQ® . Although not exhaustive, the table below contains suggested freezing times as reported in the literature. These are wide ranges and provide only a guideline for consideration.
Included in Box Set:
- 1 glass tip for spray freezing, 0-4mm tip (CIQ-DA-DST)
- 1 gas cartridges N2O 16 gram (CIQ-G-VN16)
- 1 case for storage
- 1 user guide A6 size